Texans for Safe Reliable Transportation
Texans For Safe Reliable Transportation (TSRT) is a coalition of individuals, employers, associations, and public safety organizations dedicated to improving transportation in Texas.
Members of Texans for Safe Reliable Transportation are committed to common-sense, market-based transportation solutions. Our goal is to improve public safety, economic development and quality of life in Texas by getting needed roads, rail, public transportation and other infrastructure built and operating years sooner than expected - without massive tax increases.
Doing as we’ve always done is a recipe for more gridlock, worse traffic and deteriorating air quality. Consider these facts:
- The Texas economy is expected to expand faster than the overall U.S. economy.
- Seventy-five percent of Texans directly depend upon Interstate-35 for goods and services.
- Forty-five percent of all Texans live within fifty miles of Interstate-35.
- Better roads will save Texas drivers and businesses $1.9 billion dollars in fuel costs.
- Better roads will save Texas drivers $8.4 billion dollars per year in vehicle wear-and-tear.